Why is TEI’s Annual Conference virtual?
- Given the uncertainty regarding the future prevalence of COVID-19 infection and the current general health authority guidance to avoid large gatherings, we decided the best way to protect our members, conference attendees, speakers, sponsors and staff was by offering a virtual Annual Conference.
What will it cost?
- There are 4 different pricing options. (All prices in US funds)
Access to live program and all sessions on-demand after the Conference (for one year)
Member $600 Non Member $900 Member in transition/Member Emeritus $350 Live
Access to all sessions of the live program only (no on-demand)
Member $400 Non Member $650 Member in transition/ Member Emeritus $200 Session Package
A bundle of EURO or Canadian sessions (live only)
Member $250 Non Member $450 Member in transition/ Member Emeritus $100 Per session
Purchase just the session(s) you plan to attend (live only)
Member $75 Non Member $150 Member in transition/ Member Emeritus $50
How do I register?
- You may register here , on TEI’s conference website.
I registered for the Conference – but how do I access it?
- Registrants will receive an email 24 hours before the Conference starts with a link and details on logging in.
I’ve lost my job, am I eligible for a reduced rate?
- TEI is offering a reduced “member-in-transition” rate for TEI members who are currently unemployed, for any reason. If you are a TEI member and currently unemployed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org  to change your membership status so you can receive the benefit of this reduced rate.
If I register but then am unable to attend, can I get a refund?
- TEI requires that all cancellations must be made via email by 4:00 pm ET on October 12, 2020, and will be subject to an administrative service charge of $25 (U.S.). No refunds will be made for cancellations received after 4:00 pm ET October 12, 2020, and for no-shows. To cancel, please send an email to email@example.com . In the event of cancellation or over-subscription of the conference, TEI’s liability is limited to the return of the registration fee. There will be a $15 substitution fee assessed if you would like to change registrants – email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Will the dates remain the same?
- The conference will be held from October 26-28, 2020. TEI business meetings, such as the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Standing Committee meetings will be held on October 22-23.
How will the Conference operate?
- Visit the What to Expect  page for a sense of the conference’s look and feel. The Conference will have a live help desk and an online resource page with FAQs and tips for success.
How do I have the best Virtual Conference experience?
- TEI recommends connecting your computer or mobile device to a Wi-Fi network or ethernet cable. Cellular connections may experience degraded service. We recommend using the Chrome or Firefox browsers.
Will all Conference sessions be live, or will any be pre-recorded?
- The sessions will be a mix of pre-recorded and live. HOWEVER, all speakers and moderators will be live during each session to answer questions and engage with participants. Each session will have a Q&A capability to enable you to ask specific questions of the speakers and a chat to get input from your peers.
So much of attending a live Conference is networking and making new connections with peers. How can I do that in a virtual environment?
- There are so many opportunities and ways to connect with your peers! There are networking lounges (available from the Lobby or through the navigation bar at the top of your screen) where you can engage in conversations with other attendees participating in the lounge. You can also see all attendees that are logged in to the Conference and initiate one-on-one chats with them. As for our Sponsor Exhibitors, each virtual booth has a live chat feature where you can engage directly with professionals from the companies represented.
Will the schedule be similar to other Annual Conferences in the past?
- You can access the preliminary program  here. The program is similar to TEI’s live Conferences – there are plenary sessions, concurrent sessions, issue forums, and all the other things you’ve come to expect from TEI. The schedule also includes breaks to allow time to visit Exhibitors, catch up on email, or address other work matters without missing any educational time.
How can I secure event updates?
- We will post key updates on the Updates page of the Conference website, and on TEI’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts using #AC20 and #TEIVirtualAC20.
Are you still using the TEI conference app?
- No – the app won’t be necessary in this virtual environment. The full schedule will be available on the Conference website and once you enter the Conference Lobby. Slides and other handouts will be available for download in each session.
Will you be posting live updates on your social media accounts?
Will all TEI events be virtual for the rest of this year?
- All TEI events will remain virtual throughout the remainder of 2020, including Region & Chapter programs. We continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, WHO and local health officials and will reevaluate the situation closer to the end of 2020.
What sponsorship opportunities are available?
- We have several levels of sponsorship available, from Endorsing Sponsor to Platinum Sponsor. Details of our sponsorship program can be found in our Sponsorship Brochure . You can also email Lisa Samuels  with questions or for information.